And so it goes...

still waiting for my hoverboard...

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Update on the 600 lb man

Enough is enough and it's time for a change.

Watching The last seasons of Heroes on Netflix...ever the masochist.

So here I am 6 months into 30 and I have been facing that line between sweatpants and not being able to tie my shoes for a while now.  Happy to report that I am looking at the man in the mirror.  I'm asking him to change his ways.

Not asking him to be more tolerant or more racially sensitive, just asking him to eat a salad every once in awhile, keep drinking water instead of all the soda, run more often, lose the muffintops.

I ran today, three miles... only about a quarter mile of which I pussed out and walked through.  Some jackass tried to F with me with a little drive into the bike lane chicken.  I gave him/her a nice long glare.  I was feeling brave mainly because I has just passed a speed trap and knew I had backup if need be.

My back hurts a bit but that's because I haven't run in months.

But I got out there.  I made the first steps toward recovery.  Ran like a monster toward the end, maybe too hard.

Some people have their yoga, I have running, and my ghosts.

I'll be back to fighting shape in due time.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment